6/10/21

And There was No One There to Know

When I entered the forest, I was immediately caught off guard by how dark it was, especially since I came to the park in the middle of the day. Once I had adjusted to the darkness of the forest, I couldn’t help but feel a sense of familiarity for the trees around me; I then realized that I had somehow been transported back to the forest where I first encountered the creature that haunted my sister and her friends.

I turned to leave, and behind me stood an open iron gate in the middle of a small clearing. I knew it well; it appeared in the video that supposedly summoned the creature to pursue any who watch it. As I approached the gate I could feel an intense energy radiating from it, the same energy I felt the moment I woke up in the hospital when my sister disappeared. Because of that, I figured that the only place my sister could possibly be was through the gate, so I braced myself and prepared to enter.

When I stepped through the gate, I found myself in a different area, in a large open field littered with corpses. In the center of the field stood a tall man biting the neck of some other person. He was far enough away that I couldn’t tell if he was the creature that we summoned; I started to walk towards him to get a better look, when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“You really shouldn’t be here, Liz.” It was the man who told me to come to the park. “Come back with me, and I’ll tell you everything.”

The tall man had thrown aside the now-dead body he was feeding from and was now looking straight at me, so I decided that leaving was my only option. “Okay, fine. Let’s get out of here,” I said, and we turned and ran, him leading the way and me following. As we ran, it seemed to me like the branches on the trees around us were moving to apprehend us. I thought noticed something strange, though: it seemed to me like the branches would hesitate as they closed in on us, particularly when they got close to the guy I was following. But that could have been just my eyes playing tricks on me as we ran through the dark forest.

1 comment:

  1. I've met a lot of really curious people in the past. People that make you question their sanity. Many of them were also involved with "demons".

    I don't however, remember the last time that I met or read about someone who would react to a possible cannibalistic "demon" by walking closer.

    Now admittedly, I've met a few polite cannibals in my life, one of them is even a close friend, but they (and she) are the exception, not the rule.

    Maybe pretend to care about your life a little more, hm?

    ReplyDelete