6/12/21

Could Have Avoided This

It was at this point that I noticed that he and I were the only people in the coffee shop. I decided that I had heard enough. I got up and ran for the door. He didn’t follow.

When I opened the door, I immediately noticed a tall man with a piercing glare staring right at me from across the street; a man who could only be Dirk Rossman. Our eyes met, and I instantly felt his consciousness invading my own. I struggled to remain on my feet, to break eye contact, to do anything to get out of this situation.

I heard the door behind me, which was enough grab my attention away from Dirk Rossman. I turned to look behind me, and the guy who I was speaking to was now exiting the coffee shop. I turned and ran back to my apartment.

After several minutes of running, I arrived at the apartment complex. Instead of going inside, I got in my car and started to drive. I didn’t have any particular destination in mind; I just wanted to get away from this town. A thick fog fell on the road as I started to drive. I could barely see in front of me.

As I drove, I saw through the fog a figure, presumably Dirk Rossman, standing by a streetlight on the right side of the road. Then I saw him again. And again. And again. I didn’t know if my eyes were just playing tricks on me, or if I was somehow going over the same ground over and over again. This went on for what felt like hours; I wondered if this madness would ever end.

1 comment:

  1. And considering you haven't posted in a while, I might assume that it never did.

    Either that or the madness consumed you and then Dirk Rossman actually consumed you. Either way, cheers I suppose.

    ReplyDelete